British Cheerleading Association North East
Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th May 2017
- Doors Open:
BCA Super Classics – 27th and 28th May 2017
The Metro Radio Arena continually reviews our security measures in conjunction with Northumbria Police and other agencies. In light of this week's tragic event, and the raising of the national alert state, a further review has taken place.
We ask guests attending events to arrive in good time to clear venue security.
Please be assured that your safety is our absolute and number one priority. We don’t discuss specific security details as doing so is potentially detrimental to these measures, however, we do use a number of different security techniques.
We encourage those attending events to also remain vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to our security staff or police.
If you are attending the Metro Radio Arena this weekend searches will be in operation, to assist in speeding up this process please be aware of the following:
- No Large Cool Bags or Boxes, Glass, Cans or Alcohol allowed in the venue.
- Individual packed lunch bags are allowed i.e. child’s school lunch bag size. We appreciate some attendees have allergies and that it is a very long day.
The competition is very popular and the safety of all attending is our number one priority, with numbers increasing year on year we must continually look at the capacity of the event and the available seating for the spectators, cheerleaders and coaches and large cool boxes and bags, when placed in aisles and fire lanes can impact on safety and available space. We have no objection to you bringing food in a packed lunch bag for your child or in a carrier bag as once the food is eaten the bag can be put away limiting the space needed.
- No open bottles will be allowed in the venue, we reserve the right to check the integrity of any liquid in sports / drinks bottles.
- No Flags on poles, No banners on sticks, No Airhorns, Nothing that may be deemed as a hazard determined by our SIA personnel
- Competitors and Coaches ONLY - Large Bags/Kit Bags will be allowed in on arrival with the squads
- Spectators - Handbag size ONLY bags allowed (e.g. approx A3 size handbag or standard back pack)
- ALL bags will be searched by security staff on entry, so please bear this in mind and allow extra time for these searches to take place.
If you are travelling please make arrangements with your Hotel / Accommodation if possible to leave Bags / Suitcases with them as they may not be permitted into the venue.
During your visit:
- Please do not leave bags unattended.
- Please do not leave any Electrical Equipment unattended, this includes Mobile Phones on charge.
- Please make sure all children under the age of 14 are accompanied by an adult at all times.
VIDEO / PHOTOGRAPHY / MOBILE PHONES - For the athletes’ safety the use of flash photography is not permitted. Recording and photographing your own routine is now permitted however Tripods for recording are not allowed. Whilst recording please do not obstruct the view of fellow supporters and athletes.
Formed in 1984, the BCA is the UK's original Cheerleading event provider. Our mission is to educate coaches, cheerleaders and supporters in this inclusive and accessible sport. Through cheerleading the BCA welcomes both children and adults of all abilities and backgrounds and promotes and supports active and healthy lifestyles.
The BCA is a market leader in providing cheerleading competitions and training. Our emphasis on safety has gained us a reputation for excellence in our field. We have continued to build on our expertise ensuring that the experiences we offer are safe, friendly, exciting, educational and fun!
For full event information or to purchase tickets please visit www.cheerleading.org.uk